Name of Course:
Home Safety for the Elderly (Online Learning)
Aged Care Group Sdn. Bhd.
- Family caregivers or
- Domestic helpers who are caring for the elderly at home
This course aims to provide/equip family caregivers and domestic helpers with home-safety consideration to ensure safety of the elderly in their homes.
Mode of Learning:
- self-paced learning
- Factors contributing to fall in the elderly and its prevention
- Fall hazards in the home
- Mobility and activity of the elderly
- Devices that can prevent falls
Objectives of this Module:
This module provides the caregiver with information on how to create a safe home environment for the elderly.
At the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Create awareness on what the elderly should do to prevent falls.
- Advise the elderly on ‘next-step-of-action’ if he/she has fallen down in your absence.
- Take simple action as a caregiver when your elderly care recipient had a fall.
- Take measures to prevent the elderly from falls in the home.
- Modify the home for the elderly with impaired mobility to reduce the risk of falls.
- Explain the effect of mobility in the elderly and advice on the correct walking aid.
To complete this lesson, follow the guidelines and read the materials provided in this lesson.